Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Week 1: Goodbye Arizona, hello Nebraska!

Driving to Nebraska:


The time has come, and I have said my goodbyes to Arizona for now. My Dad and I loaded up my car on August 7th and together began the 20 hour drive to Omaha, NE.

Leaving Phoenix...
I might not be seeing any cactus for awhile! 
I am sure going to miss those
northern Arizona mountains and pines! 


Arizona -> New Mexico -> Colorado -> Kansas
-> "The good life"
It was a long drive, and I am so happy that my '99 Malibu made it all the way to Nebraska, aka "The Good Life." I took my Dad out for a steak dinner Saturday night and Sunday it was time to take him to the airport so he could fly home. Although goodbyes are never easy, I managed to slow down the car enough for him to make a jump for it!
My Dad and I after dinner in Omaha.
Thanks for everything! 
Sunday night I drove out to Odell, a small town in Nebraska, to see my friend Jenna and we went to the Church Bizarre/Carnival. I met Jenna at training in Florida, and we became instant best friends! I am so happy that I got to see her before she left for California. Jenna is living out her mission with FOCUS in San Diego, please keep her and the students at SDSU in your prayers!
Jenna and I at the Church Bizarre.  
Team Offsite:

 The UNO team and I spent the first week bonding/planning for the semester at a lake house that belongs to my team director's mission partners. They let us borrow it, along with their boats, jet skis and canoe! We invited some of the other Nebraska missionaries and seminarians out to the house for a bbq cook out and s'mores!

Taylor and I on the Jet Ski for team offsite!

Enjoyed s'mores with the team
and our guests! 

Teammate Brian canoeing 

On another night, our chaplain Father Paul Hoesing took the team and I out for a sushi dinner. It was so great to get to know him on a more personal level. I am sure that I will be including more about Fr. Hoesing throughout the year!

Team UNO out to dinner with Fr. Hoesing

All in all it was a great week getting to know the team better, and I cannot wait to begin working with them! Pray for us here in Omaha, as we keep you in our prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment