Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Student Leadership Summit: SLS16

SLS16 was just incredible. During the conference I had the opportunity to share my knowledge of hospitality by serving as one of the co-hospitality committee heads. It was my responsibility to oversee the traffic flow of the students present, as well as make sure that rooms were prepped and ready before each use. Brian, my teammate, as the other committee head and it was great to work alongside him in a different role than we do on campus. I wish I could share more of my experience with you, but more importantly I was able to aid in the overall experience of our students through helping the events team with the execution of this 5 day event. Some of their testimonies are included below:

My teammate Amy and others disguised for the "stashes and lashes"
country swing dance night! (Amy-front right)
(Amanda is middle right) 
"SLS gave me the tools to help others work on their relationship with Jesus while I worked on my own. We had the incredible opportunity to listen to inspirational speakers that really fired us up to spread the gospel at our own schools. The week was moving and showed me how to grow even more in my faith." -Amanda, Junior 




Archbishop Lucas of the Omaha Archdiocese celebrating mass.
So great to have him join us! 


(Me and Sydney)
"SLS taught me how to share my love for Jesus with the world. I experienced friendship, prayer, and joy in a whole new way. I was able to discover more of myself and my relationship with Christ and I am more equipped to help others for the same!"- Sydney, Junior 



Religious orders from all over the country were present for the students.
I had the privilege of meeting a few of the brothers in this group,
because I helped them to check in on their first day. Such an inspiring
group of individuals. 
Our group who traveled from Omaha to Dallas!
(Halee & Me)



"SLS was an overall life changing experience but the changes were subtle and revealed with time. I learned to finally trust God and I also learned that it's okay to not be perfect." -Halee, Freshman





Over 3,500 students and missionaries gathered to grow in leadership.


No comments:

Post a Comment